Re: nnir, nnmairix, and search for local leafnode

From: David Engster
Subject: Re: nnir, nnmairix, and search for local leafnode
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2012 11:36:52 +0100

Dave Abrahams writes:
> Also, I wonder why nnmairix doesn't integrate with nnir.  Is it merely a
> matter of nobody having implemented the integration, or is there a more
> fundamental reason that mairix can't be an nnir backend?

When I wrote nnmairix, nnir was in a pretty bad state. Also, I wanted
nnmairix to do much more than what nnir does. My goal was to be able to
read my mail solely in nnmairix groups, which requires some fiddling
with article numbers so that they stay unique, and propagation of marks
from nnmairix groups to their original location. Unfortunately, the
needed patches for mairix were ignored by its maintainer, so that's
still not working as it should.

-David