selecting a group with no unread

From: Richard Riley
Subject: selecting a group with no unread
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:45:31 -0000

Is there a config option to not prompt me if there are no unread
articles? Ideally if I select a group with no unread it will default to
the first (or latest) N unread. I realise I can do this with the prefix
argument ALL set to an integer but I would prefer this to be automatic.

Possibly a simpler description is : I want it to always show X articles
read or not when I select a group. I can manually (/O) fetch more if
necessary.