Multiple nnfolder+archive instances

From: Jarmo Hurri
Subject: Multiple nnfolder+archive instances
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 15:45:32 -0000

Greetings.

After having updated my system to Fedora 13 I bumped into a new Gnus
problem.

I have the following archive settings in .gnus:

(setq gnus-message-archive-method
      '(nnfolder "archive"
        (nnfolder-directory (expand-file-name "~/Mail/archive"))
        (nnfolder-inhibit-expiry t)
        (nnfolder-active-file (expand-file-name "~/Mail/archive/active"))))

When I (try) to move a mail from my inbox into an archive (typing B m),
Gnus does the following:
1. If I have read or updated the archive folder so that Gnus knows its
   status exactly (e.g., # of messages is shown), then Gnus nicely moves
   the mail to the right archive.
2. Otherwise it complains that the archive file does not exists and
   tries to create a new one. This happens even though Gnus will happily
   auto-fill the right archive name with TAB, suggesting that Gnus knows
   the existence of the archive file. If I allow Gnus to create the new
   file, the new file is created into directory ~/Mail , not the
   specified directory ~/Mail/archive . After this I see two
   nnfolder+archive lines in the server mode (which is accessed from the
   Group buffer with ^). From one of these I can get two the new
   "archive" under ~/Mail , and from one to the old archive under
   ~/Mail/archive .

Any ideas on how to make Gnus understand that under no circumstances do
I want any archive files in ~/Mail ? I am running No Gnus v0.11.

--
Jarmo Hurri

Remove all garbage from header email address when replying, or just
use firstname.lastname@syk.fi .