Re: ``Quips'' in signatures

From: Joe Fineman
Subject: Re: ``Quips'' in signatures
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 18:30:05 -0400

Richard Riley <rileyrgdev@gmail.com> writes:

> Why would you do all this when gnus has signatures built in which
> use things like regexps for signature matching?

Because, as I explained at the beginning,

>> Being isolated from the Gnuish mainstream, I routinely reinvent the
>> wheel when such desires arise.

I do not have access to folklore, which is the only tutorial that
exists.  In particular, I do not understand the clause "gnus has
signatures built in".

> And how would Merciadri invoke it?

By keying "M-x psig RET" (after creating a congenial Sayings file, of
course).

> Far easier to use a file based signature(s) and have gnus include
> them.

I suspect it would take me longer to find out what "file based
signature(s)" means than to write the routine I provided, which worked
the first time and has served me well for many years.
--
---  Joe Fineman    joe_f@verizon.net

||:  The decadence of the bourgeoisie coincides with that of the  :||
||:  human species.                                               :||