Re: nnmaildir don't get new email with gnus-group-get-new-news

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: nnmaildir don't get new email with gnus-group-get-new-news
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2008 17:21:38 -0600

On Tue, 4 Nov 2008 13:55:14 -0800 (PST) Pedro Kröger <pedro.kroger@gmail.com>
wrote:

PK> On Nov 4, 6:07 pm, Ted Zlatanov <t...@lifelogs.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, 4 Nov 2008 09:05:42 -0800 (PST) Pedro Kröger
>> <pedro.kro...@gmail.com> wrote:

PK> So, why gnus ignore directories that start with periods? (from the
PK> manual) and gnus dont have a problem reading the directories I have,
PK> the only problem is to re-read the list of emails. in fact the only
PK> way to update the email list is to re-start emacs.
>>
>> I don't know.  So you have mails like this:
>>
>> ~/Maildir -> top level
>> ~/Maildir/inbox -> fetched mail
>>
>> And Gnus, using nnmaildir, is not refreshing the list of articles in the
>> inbox?

PK> yes, that's what I have. I discovered now that gnus *is* refreshing
PK> the list of articles, but there is a delay. that is, if I just
PK> finished syncing with offlineimap, gnus will refresh the list of
PK> articles after some time (say, 30 seconds). I don't have any idea why
PK> the delay, thought.

You mean Gnus won't notice the changes for 30 seconds?  That seems odd.
I hope someone that knows nnmaildir can explain what's happening...  I
looked at the code briefly and it seems that nnmaildir--scan is the
important function, but it's pretty tightly written and not easy to
understand at a glance.

Ted