Re: nnmaildir don't get new email with gnus-group-get-new-news

From: Pedro Kröger
Subject: Re: nnmaildir don't get new email with gnus-group-get-new-news
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2008 06:36:58 -0800 (PST)

On Nov 4, 8:21 pm, Ted Zlatanov <t...@lifelogs.com> wrote:

> You mean Gnus won't notice the changes for 30 seconds?  That seems odd.
> I hope someone that knows nnmaildir can explain what's happening...  I
> looked at the code briefly and it seems that nnmaildir--scan is the
> important function, but it's pretty tightly written and not easy to
> understand at a glance.

I discovered the problem (but not the solution): gnus is not reading
emails that are in the 'new' directory. only when they are moved to
the 'cur' directory gnus will show then in the group buffer. And gnus
itself is not moving files from new to cur. I used mutt to check if
things where working and it moved the files to cur.

any idea why this is happening?

Pedro