Re: Unable to log into IMAP

From: Chry Cheng
Subject: Re: Unable to log into IMAP
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2008 10:31:30 +0800

Chry Cheng <chrycheng@gmail.com> writes:

> Suddenly unable to log into my IMAP service.  I suspect it might be
> a network problem (e.g., unstable Internet connection) but would
> like to ask for second (or more) opinion.

Problem solved (I think)!  Seems to be a problem with my IMAP service
provider (i.e., Gmail).  Checked their Google Groups page and found other
users running into the same problem of late.  The solution often given
is to unlock CAPTCHA (?) for one's account at
http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=14257.