Re: Why won't gnus display certain messages

From: reader
Subject: Re: Why won't gnus display certain messages
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 19:51:51 -0600

Miles Bader <miles@gnu.org> writes:

> reader@newsguy.com writes:
>> In gnus there actually is nothing displayed for body.  But viewing the
>> message with `C-u g' shows these mail and mime headers. I've chopped
>> out or mangled some headers and all but two lines of what gnus has
>> displayed for the body.
>
> Er, is this a trick question?
>
> You explicitly seem to have told Gnus to not display html by default,
> and to always prefer text to html if a message has both alternatives:

Hehe... yes, a poorly phrased question.  I should have asked why
nothing was displayed.  In all cases thus far gnus has presented me
with the text and a mime part to allow me to have the html rendered if
so desired by w3m

> Your example message has an _empty_ "text" alternative, along with a
> non-empty "html" alternative, and Gnus is displaying the (empty) text
> alternative (because you told it to with the above settings).  The other
> MUA you tried displayed the (non-empty) html alternative.

But I wasn't presented with the Mime part to have rendered if so
desired as in all cases up to now.

Is there something more about the message that is causing that to happen?

Or some other formulation for .gnus that would have caused something
to be displayed?