Re: Problem could be encode-coding-region

From: Katsumi Yamaoka
Subject: Re: Problem could be encode-coding-region
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2006 12:11:17 +0900

> However and there is a big however when I use
> (mml-secure-message-sign-pgpmime) which uses that function

> Then the signing seems to be ignored, that is the tag
> <#secure method=pgpmime mode=sign>

>  is inserted as it should, asked for the passwd but then nothing
> happens.

Hmm, I have no problem in using PGG and XEmacs with no mule no
file-coding.  Actually I signed this message by it.

> Shall I debug (mml-secure-message-sign-pgpmime)?

No, you should trace `mml2015-pgg-sign' and `pgg-gpg-sign-region'.
If you'd like to edebug (info "(gnus)Troubleshooting"), perform
`M-x edebug-defun RET' on those functions, and type `C-c C-m s p'
and then `C-u C-c C-m P' in the message buffer.

BTW, what do you get by evaluating the following form?

(progn
  (require 'pgg)
  (require 'pgg-gpg)
  (setq pgg-default-user-id "oub")
  (with-temp-buffer
    (insert "testing\n")
    (pgg-gpg-sign-region (point-min) (point-max))
    (pop-to-buffer pgg-output-buffer)
    (unless (get-buffer-window pgg-errors-buffer)
      (split-window-vertically)
      (switch-to-buffer pgg-errors-buffer))))

(Copy it to the *scratch* buffer and type `C-j' at the end of
the last line.)