Re: Subject field (none)

From: David Breton
Subject: Re: Subject field (none)
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 11:13:30 -0700

On 19 Oct 2006, reinersteib+gmane@imap.cc wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 19 2006, David Breton wrote:
>
>> The top 3 lines form the Header (From, To and Date) and the rest is
>> in the body of the message.  Using (t) to toggle the header expands
>> the top 3 lines with numerous extra fields but no Subject.
>
> This used to happen (in Gnus < 5.10) if you insert header fields
> with extra newlines at the end (e.g. X-Face).  But IIRC in Gnus
> 5.10, there's a check to avoid this problem.
>
> Bye, Reiner.

There is no header field with extra newlines at the end and I'm using
Guns 5.10 so it must be something else.  I find it weird that posts to
newsgroups show up correctly but not private mail.  I've tried using
(F) the followup to this post and (R) to reply and saw these headers:
Follow-up: Newsgroups, Subject, X-Draft-From, References,From
Reply: To, Subject, X-Draft-From, References, From, Gcc

The only differences are that Newsgroups posting seem to use the
header field Newsgroups instead of To and there is an extra Gcc in the
reply to archive my mail, it reads:
Gcc: nnfolder+archive:sent-mail-2006-10

The 'text follow this line' marker follows right below the Gcc line
with no new line in between.  Removing this header field from the
reply does not help.

David