Re: Saving Mail to a Folder

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: Saving Mail to a Folder
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 16:47:58 +0200

Paul Cartier <pcartier@starpulse.com> writes:

Hi Paul,

> Hello, just started using gnus and was wondering is there a way to
> save a email message to a folder? I like to keep all my important mail
> into a special folder.

On a manual basis you could simply copy the message to your special
folder with `B c' which is bound to `gnus-summary-copy-article' in
*Summary* buffer.

,----[ C-h f gnus-summary-copy-article RET ]
| gnus-summary-copy-article is an interactive compiled Lisp function in
| `gnus-sum.el'.
| (gnus-summary-copy-article &optional N TO-NEWSGROUP SELECT-METHOD)
|
| Copy the current article to some other group.
| If TO-NEWSGROUP is string, do not prompt for a newsgroup to copy to.
| When called interactively, if TO-NEWSGROUP is nil, use the value of
| the variable `gnus-move-split-methods' for finding a default target
| newsgroup.
| If SELECT-METHOD is non-nil, do not move to a specific newsgroup, but
| re-spool using this method.
`----

Have a look at

,----[ (info "(gnus)Mail Group Commands") ]
| 3.25 Mail Group Commands
| ========================
|
| Some commands only make sense in mail groups.  If these commands are
| invalid in the current group, they will raise a hell and let you know.
`----

for other useful commands applicable to mail messages like moving,
crossposting, etc.

Perhaps it's possible to automate the process with (fancy) mail
splitting, if for example all mail from "Foo Bar" is important to you.

(info "(gnus)Splitting Mail")
(info "(gnus)Fancy Mail Splitting")

> Can this be done?

Don't ask that. The answer is always "yes".

Bye,
Tassilo
--
My opinions may have changed, but not the fact that I am right.