Re: Gnus posting charsets

From: Ivan Boldyrev
Subject: Re: Gnus posting charsets
Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2006 15:28:57 +0700

On 9499 day of my life Katsumi Yamaoka wrote:
> 2. If a message contains Russian text and Ukrainian text, though
>    it is unlikely, it cannot be encoded with the koi8-r charset.

It can, because there is actually no support for koi8-u in Emacs.
koi8-u is defined as alias for koi8-r, thus message will be encoded as
koi8-r.

Perhaps OP have problems with pseudographics symbols in his
message.  FIDO inhabitants often use them in message templates.

--
Ivan Boldyrev

                                                  Your bytes are bitten.