Re: verizon and smtp authorization have me stumped

From: Steve
Subject: Re: verizon and smtp authorization have me stumped
Date: Sat, 03 Dec 2005 20:46:59 GMT

Reiner Steib wrote:
On Fri, Dec 02 2005, Steve wrote:

It's only working for me when I put the password in my .gnus file.
I think it's a bug.  I haven't debugged elisp code before, but if I
can find some time to debug this I'll try to pinpoint exactly where
it's going astray.

Set various debug variables from smptmail.el to t and sent the output
to the Gnus development list (ding@gnus.org) and/or the smptmail.el
maintainer.  Be sure to eliminate passwords and other sensitive data.
Include you configuration, too.

PS - tips on using the elisp debugger would be welcomed!

(info "(gnus)Troubleshooting")

Thanks, that helped a lot. Using edebug, I found the problem and fixed it. Should I send a patch to ding@gnus.org, or should I use M-xgnus-bug? Is there a special format for submitting patches?

Thanks again.

--