Re: Gnus is losing IMAP articles

From: Christian Lynbech
Subject: Re: Gnus is losing IMAP articles
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 09:32:15 +0200

Edi> On Wed, 06 Jul 2005 10:50:52 -0400, Ted Zlatanov <tzz@lifelogs.com> wrote:
>> The best thing to do at this point is to do an IMAP debug session
>> (set imap-debug to t and reproduce the problem on the Gnus side as
>> best you can).

Edi> I've now investigated this a little bit more and finally came to the
Edi> conclusion that Gnus agent was the problem.

I have seen funny stuff with the agent as well.

I started up with `gnus-plugged' as I usually do and subscribed to an
RSS feed; it worked fine until I restarted my emacs. Next time, the
RSS group was still there but I had to type in the URL again; for some
reason it was not saved correctly. I then restarted emacs and called
`gnus' and resubscribed to the RSS feed and now emacs is able to
remember the URL (even when using the agent).

                             -- Christian