header error

From: Haines Brown
Subject: header error
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2005 13:25:56 GMT

In trying to correct one problem, I created another, and have not been
able to trace back my steps.

When I write a new message, the From line in my message header at
first reads:

  From: Haines Brown <hartford-hwp.com>

Using it causes the error message to appear:

  Denied posting - The From looks strange : "Haines Brown
  <hartford-hwp.com>"

My work around is to edit the line so that in place of my domain name
is my e-mail address.

I need to figure out where gnus is getting that information so that I
can correct the error at its source.

The following results not quite seem right

$ hostname returns: teufel.hartford-hwp.com
$ hostname -a returns: localhost.localdoman teufel.hartford-hwp.com
$ hostname -d returns nothing   (should be my domainname)
$ hostname -f returns: localhost (should be my fqdn)
$ hostname -s returns: localhost (should be "teufel")
$ hostname -v reuturns: gethostname()=`teufel.hartford-hwp.com'
                        teufel.hartford-hwp.com

/etc/hosts/ has:
  127.0.0.1     localhost localhost.localdoman teufel.hartford-hwp.com
  192.168.1.1   teufel teufel.localdomain

My /etc/mailname file has: hartford-hwp.com, and I understand that it
is the domain name that should be here. However, I'm not sure that
this file is relevant here.

--

       Haines Brown
       KB1GRM