Re: Unable to respool nnimap articles

From: Simon Josefsson
Subject: Re: Unable to respool nnimap articles
Date: Sat, 05 Feb 2005 12:29:25 +0100

Peter Weiss <Peter.Weiss@ConSol.de> writes:

> Hello,
>
> if I mark an artictle in my INBOX and try gnus-summary-respool-article I get
> the following error
>
>     Copying to nnimap: (726)...
>     Missing required argument to Append
>     Couldn't Copy article 726: Missing required argument to Append
>     nnimap: Updating info for INBOX...done
>
> I can use gnus-summary-move-article to move the article to the correct imap
> folder. That's the manually way, I'd prefer the automatic...
>
> I'm using gnus 5.10.7. Does nnimap not support respooling articles?

No, respooling in Gnus uses an undocumented backend interface behavior
(group=nil).

> If so, is there any way to tell gnus it should spool all (even the articles
> viewed with some other application) articles in my INBOX?

Yes, mark them as unread.  The splitting could should find them next
time it is ran.  If you don't want to mark them as unread, try:

 (setq nnimap-split-predicate "UNDELETED")

Then all undeleted articles will be splitted, rather than the default
which is UNSEEN UNDELETED.