Re: How do you say "gnus"?

From: Michael Widerkrantz
Subject: Re: How do you say "gnus"?
Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2005 20:55:07 +0100

"Tom Linden" <tom@kednos.com> writes:

> There was a similar effort at the Univ of Dresden by Jochen Liedtke,
> now deceased called the L4 microkernel.  IBM hired him, I guess to
> do these sort of things, but unfortunately he died a couple of years
> into the project.

Your writing makes it sound like that the L4 microkernel died with
Jochen. I believe there's still much research on L4. Much of it is
collected here:

  http://l4hq.org/

Here are some of the operating systems that are based on the L4
microkernel:

  http://l4hq.org/projects/os/

Also here:

  http://os.inf.tu-dresden.de/L4/

You mentioned that IBM hired Jochen. I believe they did something
called Sawmill (not the window manager). Probably still available.

--
M.C. Widerkrantz, http://hack.org/mc/
WAR IS PEACE. FREEDOM IS SLAVERY. ERASE IS BACKSPACE.