Re: fetch parent of article bug ?

From: Reiner Steib
Subject: Re: fetch parent of article bug ?
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 2004 19:17:04 +0100

On Tue, Nov 02 2004, Sebastien Kirche wrote:

> Le 2 Nov 2004, Reiner Steib vraute :
[...]
>> What is the value of `gnus-refer-article-method' in your setup?
>
> ,----[ C-h v gnus-refer-article-method RET ]
> | gnus-refer-article-method's value is
> | (current
> |  (nnweb "google"
> |             (nnweb-type google)))
> |
> `----

Makes sense.

> I suppose  that gnus  implicitly fetched from  the agent  and if not  in the
> agent then from google.

I don't know if/how the agent is involved (I don't use the agent).

| (current
|  (nntp "localhost")
|  [...]
|  (nntp "news.gmane.org")
|  (nntp "news.gnus.org")
|  (nnweb "google"
|       (nnweb-type google)))
[...]
> BTW :  as i can see  some specific group names  in your example,  do you set
> gnus-refer-article-method on a per-group basis ?

No, I don't (it should be possible, though).  When the article is not
available on one server, the next one is tried.  localhost (leafnode2
with short expire time) carries all my nntp groups (de.*, gmane.*,
gnu.*), Gmane is for gmane.*, news.gnus.org is only relevant for
gnus.gnus-bug.  If all else fails, try google.

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)