Re: fetch parent of article bug ?

From: Sebastien Kirche
Subject: Re: fetch parent of article bug ?
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 2004 18:08:13 +0100

Le 2 Nov 2004, Reiner Steib vraute :

,----[ C-h v gnus-refer-article-method RET ]

`----

> > Value:
> > (current
> > (nntp "localhost")
> > [...]
> > (nntp "news.gmane.org")
> > (nntp "news.gnus.org")
> > (nnweb "google"
> >     (nnweb-type google)))

Mmmh, as i have only the nnweb  method defined, i guess it must be a problem
for a recent article that is not archived by Google yet.
But i had that problem for several days old articles too.

I used to  cache articles through the agent,  but i rid it off  about a week
ago due to access time and  excessive articles downloads at group opening. I
have never noticed any problem with the fetch parent while using the agent.

I suppose  that gnus  implicitly fetched from  the agent  and if not  in the
agent then from google.

BTW :  as i can see  some specific group names  in your example,  do you set
gnus-refer-article-method on a per-group basis ?

> For google, I'd recommend to set `mm-url-use-external' and
> `mm-url-program':
>
> (setq
> mm-text-html-renderer 'w3m
> ;; Use wget instead of url.el (for nnweb-type google), seems to work more
> ;; reliable.
> mm-url-use-external t
> mm-url-program 'wget)

Okay, i'll take a look at your code tonight and post my results.

Thank you :)

Sébastien Kirche