Re: problem with end of lines (sometimes)

From: Reiner Steib
Subject: Re: problem with end of lines (sometimes)
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2004 14:50:52 +0200

On Tue, Sep 07 2004, Uwe Brauer wrote:

> [...]
[...]
>     Kai> Is the message marked format=text/flowed?  That format
> No it seems not. I cannot see any indication of this sort.
>
>     Kai> distinguishes between hard and soft newlines.  If a space
>     Kai> precedes a newline, then it's soft, else it's hard.  Or vice
>     Kai> versa; I can't remember.

> It is really strange, yesterday I sent a mail to the bbdb mailing
> list. I read this mailing list via gmane and gnus.
> The function I posted is not displayed correctly but as it seems
> in format=text/flowed also this is not indicated nowhere.

The first message was missing the leading spaces so that the function
was not indented properly.  But this message was _not_ format=flowed:

,----
| From: Uwe Brauer <oub@gmx.net>
| Subject: how to add and www address to bbdb
| Newsgroups: gmane.emacs.bbdb.user
| Date: Sun, 05 Sep 2004 11:45:37 +0200
`----

The second message, _was_ format=flowed but it had a correct
indentation.  The only soft newlines are after "my bbdb", but not
inside the lisp code (I have replace ` ' by `÷'):

,----

`----

> What can I do in order to change the display behavior in gnus.

AFAICS, Gnus treats the articles correctly.

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)