info-gnu-chess

Re: GNU Chess redistribution licensing

From: Alex Ignácio da Silva
Subject: Re: GNU Chess redistribution licensing
Date: Sat, 05 Sep 2009 18:37:02 -0300

Hi Simon,

Thanks for the quick response.

OK, I'll just go ahead and try to integrate my GUI application with GNU
Chess. In fact, it is open source too: it is distributed under GPLv3 but
with a FLOSS additional permission clause that allows combining it with
selected open source licenses which unfortunately aren't compatible with
the GPL:

http://www.haundrix.com/download/license.html

And by the way, I picked GNU Chess exactly because it's open source!

I'll post here in case I encounter difficulties talking to GNU Chess.

Cheers,

Alex