info-gnu-chess

Question.

From: Sternbach, William [IT]
Subject: Question.
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 13:21:28 -0400

Hello,

I have 2 questions:

1)  I want to learn more about the program displays:
    Ply, time, Eval, Nodes, Principal-Variation.
    If anyone has any documentation on what these columns contain,
    please Email it to me.

2)  I have a Pentium III 733 MHZ PC with 384 MB of Ram running
    Windows 2000 Professional.  I am setting the depth to 11.
    It takes the program about 30 minutes to think.
    If I use a depth of 12, it can take days.  Has anyone been able
    to use a depth of 12 or more (on a faster PC) and gotten decent
    response time?

Thanks in advance for your Email reply.

- Bill