[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Wed, 29 Aug 2001 13:45:34 -0400
On Wed, Aug 29, 2001 at 10:37:47AM +0200, Wim Dausy wrote:
> I'm looking for a way to visualize the entire revision tree of a module
> of my repository.
Some such things already exist. cvsweb comes to mind. If one of
them does the job, you might save yourself some work. That
> Can I find all I need in only the *,v-files to construct this tree?
Well, almost certainly. The only thing I can think of that's not
stored there is something that's not stored anywhere: information
about merges (i.e. the fact that rev. 1.5 was the result of
merging 1.4 with 22.214.171.124, the common base revision being 1.2).
It just now occurs to me, though, that you *might* be able to
intuit this by reading the entrails of CVSROOT/history. (I know
very little about what's stored there, so I don't mean to offer
too much hope that this is possible, but my lack of knowledge
means I can't completely rule it out either :-)
> and how can I be sure that the files in the Attic were removed or added
> on a branch or whatever?
Ignore the Attic-ness of a file, and just consider it to be in
the main directory. Instead, look for a revision with status
"dead", which signifies that the file is not present on that
branch (which might be the trunk).
CVS checks in a "dead" revision when you commit a "cvs rm". It
might also move the file to the Attic, or it might not, but
that's just a performance optimization. It conveys no
information that you can't learn from the revision statuses.
| | /\
|-_|/ > Eric Siegerman, Toronto, Ont. address@hidden
| | /
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not
necessarily a good idea.
- RFC 1925 (quoting an unnamed source)
- Re: Locking support, (continued)
- Re: Locking support, Greg A. Woods, 2001/08/29
- Message not available
- Re: Locking support, bclark, 2001/08/31
- Re: Locking support, Greg A. Woods, 2001/08/31
- Re: Locking support, Eric Siegerman, 2001/08/31
- Re: Locking support, Larry Jones, 2001/08/31
- Moving CVS Repository - Uncommited local changes, PRUDHVIDHAR lingala, 2001/08/31
- Re: Moving CVS Repository - Uncommited local changes, Matt Riechers, 2001/08/31
- Re: Moving CVS Repository - Uncommited local changes, Shyam L, 2001/08/31