iiwusynth-devel

[iiwusynth-devel] strange linking problem

From: Per Weijnitz
Subject: [iiwusynth-devel] strange linking problem
Date: 07 Dec 2002 03:29:42 +0100

        Hello,

I downloaded iiwusynth-0.2.2 and ran into a linking error
(atleast that's what I think it is). Perhaps it has something
to do with my compiler suite, as I don't see how anyone
could not have noticed this already.

First, I could not start iiwusynth as I got "Failed to create
the synthesizer". I realised new_iiwu_synth() was never reached
from iiwusynth.c as the debug messages I put in new_iiwu_synth()
were never printed.

However, if I entered src/ and manually linked the iiwusynth
binary with *.o (removing iiwuplay.o first) instead of letting
it be linked with the libs (Makefile default), it does get
properly linked, and new_iiwu_synth() is reached. Then
the "Failed to create the synthesizer" disappeared too:

gcc -g -Wall -W -Wpointer-arith -Wbad-function-cast -Wcast-qual -Wcast-align
-Wstrict-prototypes -Wno-unused -o iiwusynth *.o -lreadline -L.libs -lpthread
-lasound -lm -ldl

My setup is:
 - Debian 3.0 (up to date with security dpkgs).
   - gcc version 2.95.4 20011002 (Debian prerelease)
   - ln (fileutils) 4.1
   - ltmain.sh (GNU libtool) 1.4.2a
   - kernel: linux 2.4.19
 - Alsa 0.9.0
 - ./configure --disable-oss-support --enable-debug

  /PW