[igraph] Modularity Methods in iGraph (python)

From: Mendel - New
Subject: [igraph] Modularity Methods in iGraph (python)
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2017 22:39:15 +0200

Hello everyone,

I am finding ways of divide my network into modules and I saw that the package in python comes with several alternatives. I wanted to implement the Modularity (Q) as defined by Newman on 2006 on PNAS (http://www.pnas.org/content/103/23/8577.full) and I saw that you use have implemented several other formulations of modularity. It seems that the same formula shown on PNAS was used in the “community_leading_eigenvector” method, that is based on https://arxiv.org/pdf/physics/0605087.pdf. Is this correct?

Also, for large sparse matrices, would you rather recommend this method or the “community_fastgreedy” optimization?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Cheers,

Daniele