Re: [igraph] pip install python-igraph error?

From: Nick Eubank
Subject: Re: [igraph] pip install python-igraph error?
Date: Wed, 03 Jun 2015 16:26:03 +0000

Thanks Tamas! Sorry to keep throwing problems at you. I'm learning about programming at this level, but am still struggling to troubleshoot. Hope this at least constitutes "helpful beta-testing".

One thing I tried was a homebrew install of libxml2, but I got the warning:

This formula is keg-only, which means it was not symlinked into /usr/local.

Mac OS X already provides this software and installing another version in

parallel can cause all kinds of trouble.

Generally there are no consequences of this for you. If you build your

own software and it requires this formula, you'll need to add to your

build variables:

    LDFLAGS:  -L/usr/local/opt/libxml2/lib

    CPPFLAGS: -I/usr/local/opt/libxml2/include

I suppose I could just override this or erase the copy of libxml2 in usr/local, but since libxml2 came with OSX, I'm not sure if there are dependencies that would break...

On Wed, Jun 3, 2015 at 4:24 AM Tamas Nepusz <address@hidden> wrote:
> Oops -- I spoke too soon. The install ran fine, but when I import I get:
I found that launching Anaconda as follows would resolve the issue, but of
course this is just a temporary workaround:

DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=/Users/Nick/anaconda/lib python

It basically instructs the loader to look for libxml2 in ~/anaconda/lib before
anywhere else, so it would ensure that the correct version is loaded.