Re: [igraph] local average transitivity

From: Gábor Csárdi
Subject: Re: [igraph] local average transitivity
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2013 10:42:43 -0500

On Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 2:59 AM, sudeep s <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi all,
I was calculating local average transitivity for my graph and I found somthing a bit odd, calculating the average transitivity for the whole graph and local average transitivity for a set of vertices gave me the same value,

[...]
After checking the R code for function transitivity I saw that  transitivity types   "average", "localaverage" and   "localaverageundirected" is calling the same external method

They are different names for the same thing, for convenience. If you think they are not defined correctly and/or give wrong results, please tell us why you think that and what would be the correct definition/result.

[...]
Is this a possible bug in R igraph ?

I don't think so.

Gabor

I found  this same  thing with igraph package versions igraph_0.6.4 and igraph_0.6.3

Thank you,

Regards,
Sudeep.