Re: [igraph] igraph installation error on Mac 10.6

From: Tamás Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] igraph installation error on Mac 10.6
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2013 21:03:31 +0100

Hi,

> Thanks for your help. I did need upgrade to using the python.org installer
> (not from source). Is there a way to trick the installer into using this
> (e.g., what is the installer looking for to see if this is an apple provided
> python).
No, there isn't, as far as I know.

> I haven't installed igraph before this and don't see older igraph associated
> C files anywhere on my hard drives added before yesterday.
There should be two copies, one in /usr/local/Cellar/igraph/0.6/include, and
one in /opt/local/include. The former belongs to Homebrew, so they should be
the correct ones if you installed igraph via Homebrew. The ones in
/opt/local/include/igraph and /opt/local/lib are probably not needed.