[igraph] RES: RES: RES: Egonetworks in Igraph

From: Carlos Eduardo
Subject: [igraph] RES: RES: RES: Egonetworks in Igraph
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 14:52:09 -0300

Hi,

a)You apparently have no vertex called "BRA", or you are using an old
version of igraph. It works fine otherwise.

I followed the steps indicated by you (g <- graph.ring(10) and so on) and
the $name worked. However, when I am using my network, I can't do this. I
don't know why! The network follow attached (graphML format). If you don't
mind, might you check what could be happening with my network?

b)I don't get this. How would you convert a list of graphs to a graph? And
why? Don't you just want to take the first (and only) graph from the list?

I deal with Igraph through Visone R Console (http://visone.info/). I want to
identify egonetworks inside a bigger network. After that, I want to
visualize the egonetworks through Visone. However, Visone just recognize
"igraph" objects to built graphs. What is happening is that I could see the
egonetwork in R Console, but I couldn't send it to Visone. So, if be
possible to see the egonetwork (graph.neighborhood) as "igraph" class, it
would be more useful to my application.

Thanks again,
Cadu