Re: [igraph] cohesive.blocks V0.5

From: Uri Shwed
Subject: Re: [igraph] cohesive.blocks V0.5
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 14:46:00 -0500

Hi Gabor and Peter,
See what I get and some data below. I'm using R 2.6.2 on Scientific Linux 4.5. I've just installed R today, and I'm a newby in both R and unix. Regarding bigger networks - If I have sufficient computing power, you don't think this could work? Are you familiar with other packages that could work better? I have access to a cluster of 9 machines, with a total of 82G memory on them. My largest network is 12k nodes and 70k edges, but maybe I can omit it. the second largest is 3k edges and 5k nodes. (these are scientific citation networks).
Thanks so much for all your work,
Uri

Browse[1]> cohesive.blocks(cancer[[1965]][[3]])
Error during wrapup: no applicable method for "as.double"
Browse[1]> cancer[[1965]][[3]]
Vertices: 289
Edges: 50
Directed: TRUE
Edges:

[0]  223 -> 213
[1]  225 -> 210
[2]  226 ->  78
[3]  227 -> 218
[4]  229 -> 171
[5]  229 -> 183
[6]  229 -> 215
[7]  230 -> 240
[8]  231 ->  78
[9]  231 -> 154
[10] 236 -> 149
[11] 236 ->  80
[12] 239 -> 227
[13] 242 -> 149
[14] 242 -> 183
[15] 243 -> 183
[16] 243 -> 215
[17] 243 ->  67
[18] 243 -> 232
[19] 244 ->  12
[20] 244 -> 201
[21] 244 -> 150
[22] 244 ->  11
[23] 244 ->  66
[24] 246 -> 240
[25] 246 -> 183
[26] 249 -> 156
[27] 249 -> 159
[28] 254 -> 242
[29] 254 ->  88
[30] 254 -> 244
[31] 255 -> 154
[32] 255 -> 231
[33] 256 ->  88
[34] 260 -> 130
[35] 260 -> 157
[36] 264 -> 183
[37] 266 ->  67
[38] 266 -> 232
[39] 266 -> 243
[40] 273 ->  88
[41] 275 -> 288
[42] 277 -> 247
[43] 277 -> 246
[44] 279 ->  88
[45] 279 -> 249
[46] 281 -> 225
[47] 287 -> 286
[48] 287 -> 285
[49] 288 ->  78

Gabor Csardi wrote:

Uri, i have just installed that version, it works fine. What is your platform? What exactly is the command you're trying to run? Can you send me a small network on which i can reproduce the problem?

Gabor

ps. i don't think you can run it on such a big network, except if your network is very special