help-vcdimager

Re: [VCDImager] Fwd: Question

From: Herbert Valerio Riedel
Subject: Re: [VCDImager] Fwd: Question
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 07:40:40 +0200

hello!

On Mon, 2006-06-12 at 19:53 -0500, Brayan Habid Florez wrote:
> Hi. I have been taking a look to the software, and i remembered a
> question i had. i have a vcd (it seems to be vcd). well , this one can
> be placed on stereos, and it works ok. if you place it on a vcd or dvd
> player, it works ok. when in a pc, i could see that the track 1 on the
> stereo was in fact a video (mpg). It is possible in all conditions, or
> do i need any specific software. Ok, the others tracks i heard on the
> stereo were in a folder called CDDA. all are audioxx.dat. they play ok
> in both stereo and dvd/vcd player. but the burning softwares i have
> don't include the software (nero, ht fireman, astonsoft burner, ....).
> i used the little knowledge to imitate the cd i'd bought, but the
> resulting cd shown error. the closest thing i could do was when it
> played ok in vcd/dvd player, but in the stereo, the sound track was
> there, but in silence (it played, but there was no sound. So i decided
> to ask somebody with more experience, to know if i need a codec,
> software, disc or burner with specific conditions, or anything else.
> Or if i have to replace or modify some files in other vcd folders.

...well, how exactly did you imitate the vcd/cdda hybrid? :-)

CDDA support in vcdimager was one thing I never got to implement, mainly
because I didn't have a working example;

> I'd appreciate it a lot if you have an answer to my question, or at
> least some help.

it would be interesting, if you could run the genuine vcd/cdda through
vcdxinfo and a tool that can decode the TOC of the cd (e.g. cdrdao) (and
possibly send me that :), and compare that to the output you get with
your imitated vcd/cdda...

> Thanks however for having taken time to read this long mail.
>
> P.D.: the vcd imager is great. I have not found a bug or error yet, so
> it is cool.

thx ;-)

--
Herbert Valerio Riedel <address@hidden>