help-vcdimager

[VCDImager] PAL-N (S)VCDs

From: Leandro Lucarella
Subject: [VCDImager] PAL-N (S)VCDs
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 14:46:44 -0300 (ART)

Hi, I don't know if this is where I have to post this question, but I know
there's people here who might know and can tell me :)
Here's the thing: I live in Argentina, and here the norm is PAL-N, I have a
Philips DVD711. My TV is PAL-N (can be NTSC and PAL-M too) so I see my PAL
(S)VCDs in B&W.
I call to philips service and they told me that my DVD player is not the
problem, that the most posible thing is that my (S)VCDs are PAL-B. I can't
find what type of PAL VCDImager, mjpegtools or NuppelVideo make. Are they
PAL-B? When everybody talks about PAL, it means PAL-B?
Is there any way to create PAL-N (S)VCDs??? Who is in charge of setting the
norm in this case? mpeg2enc? vcdimager? both? nuppelvideo?

Well, I hope somebody can give me a hand here to understand better what is
the problem and to find a solutions (if there is one :(  )...
Thanks!

--
LUCA - Leandro Lucarella