Re: [help-texinfo] Texinfo 4.8 make issues under Mac OS X 10.4.1

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [help-texinfo] Texinfo 4.8 make issues under Mac OS X 10.4.1
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 17:27:20 -0400

    Is there a way the configure script can be written to handle the
    multiple defs of getopt,

I can't see how.  This seems a very generic problem, as I explained in
my first reply.  There must be something else going on, because it seems
to me that every build from source that involves a "local" library
redefining any system functions would fail.  Have you happened to try
compiling, say, coreutils, gawk, tar, or other GNU packages?

    or can some sort of linker flags be passed
    for the loader to ignore multiple defs?

Sorry, I don't know anything about the mac ld.  This behavior is
standard on every other system in existence.  Which is what makes me
think there is something unusual in your setup, somehow, but I don't
know enough about macs to be able to suggest anything beyond what I
already did ...

karl