Re: [help-texinfo] Texinfo 4.8 make issues under Mac OS X 10.4.1

From: Marshall DeBerry
Subject: Re: [help-texinfo] Texinfo 4.8 make issues under Mac OS X 10.4.1
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 13:59:46 -0400

Hi,
I got Texinfo 4.8 to compile under Mac OS X 10.4.2 by doing the following after make died:

texinfo-4.8 mdb$         cd  lib
texinfo-4.8/lib mdb$    ar -d libtxi.a getopt.o getopt1.o
texinfo-4.8/lib mdb$    cd ..; make

Everything seems to work fine with this new version of makeinfo so far. Basically, make was getting confused by the mulitple defs of getopt in the Mac's /lib files and the created libtxi.

Is there a way the configure script can be written to handle the multiple defs of getopt, or can some sort of linker flags be passed for the loader to ignore multiple defs?

Marshall