random texinfo questions

From: David Petrou
Subject: random texinfo questions
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 18:31:37 -0400

Hi.  I have a few unrelated questions regarding texinfo.

1. I'm trying to make nice html documentation out of texinfo source.
I see some really great pages off the GNU homepage, where you have the
option of viewing the whole documentation as one html file, or split
by chapter, etc. (example:
http://www.gnu.org/manual/autoconf/index.html).  However, `makeinfo
--html foo.texi' doesn't seem nearly as nice.  Is there some other
tool out there that I don't know about?

2. I'd like dvi output of my texinfo documentation to be compiled with
frenchspacing turned on in TeX.  I've tried putting the TeX command
\frenchspacing (or @frenchspacing) in various locations of my texinfo
file, but it doesn't seem to have an effect on the dvi output.  Any
suggestions?

3. I'm trying to figure out where in my texinfo file I should put my
copyright information.  I've carefully read the texinfo documentation
on this topic, but its recommendations seem vague.  My goal is for the
copyright information to appear in the printed manual, html manual,
and info manual exactly once.  (If this goal is wrong, let me know.)

The texinfo documentation section `Four parts begin a file' says that
the copyright notice should go in the title page that only appears in
the printed manual.  Then this node goes on to say that I can include
the copyright as the first node of the info file.  The problem with
doing this is that in the printed version, the copyright will be
repeated twice (once after the title page, once as the first node).

(Also, as per the `The Title and Copyright Pages' node, I'm including
a copy of the copyright notice within an @ifinfo that I know will not
show up in info readers.  I'm not really sure what the purpose of this
is.)

Thanks,
david

P.S.: Please be sure to reply to me in addition to this list as I'm
not subscribed.