help-source-highlight

[Help-source-highlight] Boost Regex library linking problem

From: Tim Statler
Subject: [Help-source-highlight] Boost Regex library linking problem
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2011 13:20:55 -0700

Hi,

I'm a noob when it comes to linking/compiling on *nix systems, and I'm having problems building source-highlight w/r/t the Boost RegEx library. I've read the very helpful notes on this particular issue (http://www.gnu.org/s/src-highlite/source-highlight.html#Tips-on-installing-Boost-Regex-library) but still coming up short. To summarize:

I built the Boost libraries (successfully) , after which I get the following message:

The following directory should be added to compiler include paths: /Users/wnpm38/boost_1_47_0
The following directory should be added to linker library paths:  /Users/wnpm38/boost_1_47_0/stage/lib

I then run ./configure with the CXXFLAGS parameter:

./configure CXXFLAGS=-I/Users/wnpm38/boost_1_47_0

I get the following output:

> checking whether the Boost::Regex library is available... yes
> configure: error: Could not find a version of the Boost::Regex library!

I'm assuming it's finding the header files, but not the libraries (?). Any clues what I'm doing wrong?

thanks!
Tim