help-smalltalk

Re: [Help-smalltalk] 2.0.5 release candidate and 2.0b development versio

From: Bonzini
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] 2.0.5 release candidate and 2.0b development versions available
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 18:02:58 +0200

> prometheus:~$ gst -i -I ~/gst.im

Could it be that I was trying `gst -I ~/gst.im -i'? (I cannot try right now
but it seems a possible cause).  This is because it occurred to me that what
you're trying to do is actually undocumented -- the -I switch specifies
which image file gst *loads*, not *uses*.  The documented way to do it is to
use a previous snapshot and use

   ObjectMemory snapshot: '/home/scode/gst.im'!

to save the image.  Then you can use gst -I.

> Is there some compile-time option required in order to enable the user
> to specify which image to use?

No.

Paolo