help-smalltalk

[Help-smalltalk] 2.0.5 release candidate and 2.0b development versions a

From: Bonzini
Subject: [Help-smalltalk] 2.0.5 release candidate and 2.0b development versions available
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 15:44:50 +0200

I have put a release candidate for 2.0.5 on
ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/smalltalk

In theory :-) it should fix the TCP showstopper and make Peter's forays into
private images a bit easier (I found out that it *is* possible to do what he
wants in 2.0.4, but you have to set SMALLTALK_KERNEL to point to the system
kernel path).

I will move them to ftp.gnu.org in a couple of days unless anybody tells me
otherwise.  In the future I'll always try to adopt this release candidate
scheme for stable releases.  It looks like I have enough audience now to
make it practical.  It should also mean a lot less `stable' versions that
aren't so stable -- I hope for example to not go past x.x.2 or x.x.3 in the
future.

In addition I'm uploading to the same place 2.0b which includes Markus'
recent ports of the MySQL driver (with some finishing touches and
refactoring by me) and of STT (Smalltalk templates which I enhanced with
caching, and embedded into the web server -- try surfing to example1.stt and
example2.stt for example).