Re: Help using rlog

From: Owen Brydon
Subject: Re: Help using rlog
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2002 13:27:59 +0000

[posted and mailed]

On Wednesday 2 January 2002 10:42 pm, address@hidden wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I'm using rlog to grab file dates.  We have labels with dashes
> in them, and I'm encountering the following problem with
> rlog (the same version works fine with co, but I can't figure
> out how to get it to deal with it in rlog).
>
> people% /router/bin/rlog -rEFR-00000004147
> /nfs/acmecontrol/lineups/ios_ena/default.lu
> rlog: warning: `-' is obsolete in `-rEFR-00000004147'; use `:' instead
> rlog: /nfs/acmecontrol/lineups/ios_ena/RCS/default.lu,v: Symbolic name
> `EFR' is undefined.
>
> Is there an escape character I can use to escape the dash?  Or
> a substitution character?  Or am I just not going to be able to
> check the dates on versions with dashes?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Kirsten Jones
> Cisco Systems

I'm not sure if you already got an answer to this yet, but anyway, it's
because rlog is seeing the -rXXXX as a flag. One way round this is to put the
path to the file starting with a dash;

eg
/router/bin/rlog /path/to/-rEFR-00000004147

or (assuming it is in cwd)
/router/bin/rlog ./-rEFR-00000004147

Hope this helps,

Owen Brydon