Re: Help with Linear Algebra Issues

From: marco atzeri
Subject: Re: Help with Linear Algebra Issues
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2012 16:08:44 +0100

On 3/16/2012 3:58 PM, s d wrote:
so which one should I remove/install for octave to communicate to
without crashing. In my synaptic package manager I have liblapack-doc,
liblapack-test and liblapack3gf installed. Just to note, I never had
this problem with octave before, but I did install some software that
does some computations using linear algebraic methods the other day,
perhaps it may have installed some libraries that are conflicting with
the library that octave is used to using, it doesn't help that I am not
very proficient with ubuntu and package management.

Thanks for your help
Regards.

sorry I have no Ubuntu, so I can not really help you in
solving the issue

look if there is any strange link

ls -l /usr/lib/liblapack.so*

of if you have any version of atlas installed.

Regards
Marco