Re: GNU Octave and GPU computing by Ocelot

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: GNU Octave and GPU computing by Ocelot
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 09:55:56 -0500

2012/1/30 Sergei Steshenko <address@hidden>:
> No, I insist on defending my freedom at home, including the freedom
> to link GPL'ed code with whatever licensed code - as long as I don't
> distribute the resulting binary.

That's fine, but you should also be insisting on free GPU computing,
because you deserve to know what your hardware does and alter if it
necessary. It is, after all, your hardware, you bought it, so why
should be forbidden from using it in *any* way? Why do you accept a
patronising "don't worry your pretty little head with it, it's too
complicated for you to understand" from nvidia?

- Jordi G. H.