Re: Gnu Octave for C++: How to start?

From: benjamin lindner
Subject: Re: Gnu Octave for C++: How to start?
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 08:00:00 +0100

> can I use Visual Studio 2008 to compile Octave codes? Can I use GNU Octave
> libraries for Visual C++? If yes, what libaries should I download?

If you want to use octave with visual C++ you will have to compile it
yourself, there are no prebuilt binaries distributed. There have been
binaries (3.0.x releases), but support and distribution was withdrawn
due to licensing issues.

I guess support for Visual C++ is still present in octave's sources (I
never did actually compile myself, so please correct me, anybody, if
I'm wrong) - please search the maintainer's mailing list for more info
on Visual C++.

regards,
benjamin