Re: Gnu Octave for C++: How to start?

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: Gnu Octave for C++: How to start?
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 01:49:44 +0900 (JST)

Hello
--- benjamin lindnerwrote:

> I guess support for Visual C++ is still present in octave's sources (I
> never did actually compile myself, so please correct me, anybody, if
> I'm wrong) - please search the maintainer's mailing list for more info
> on Visual C++.

README.MSVC has been recently removed from the development branch source tree
becaue the build guide
is obsolete and no longer used for current build.

Unfortunately build octave on msvc at present is very very tough work although
it is logically
possible.

Please use mingw tool chain to use octave c++ on windows. It is far practical
than to try to build
octave using MSVC.

Regards

Tatsuro

Get the new Internet Explorer 8 optimized for Yahoo! JAPAN
http://pr.mail.yahoo.co.jp/ie8/