Re: fltk-Octave on cygwin

From: Siep Kroonenberg
Subject: Re: fltk-Octave on cygwin
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2010 21:43:12 +0200

On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 08:48:03PM +0200, Martin Helm wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 12. August 2010, 20:07:20 schrieb fork:
> > florence.renalier <florence.renalier <at> laposte.net> writes:
> > > Dear all,
> > > I am using Octave, installed from Cygwin (on Windows XP). After some
> > > research on the Internet, I understoood one of the best ways to include
> > > GUIs in Octave (in order to create custom GUIs) is to use flkt-Octave
> > > (Am I right ??).
>
> If you want to build sophisticated gui with callback from and to octave use
> the java package from octave forge and interact with java (I use that) or
> have
> a look at the pytave python bindings which are maintained and look promising
> (though I do not use them).

It is also possible to build a GUI `from the outside' as e.g. a
Tcl/Tk script which runs Octave in the background via pipe
open. This works cross-platform, although I have done no testing
with cygwin.

I hope to publish something eventually, but would like to first
have more feedback from the people who are supposed to use it.

--
Siep Kroonenberg