Re: fltk-Octave on cygwin

From: forkandwait
Subject: Re: fltk-Octave on cygwin
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 03:16:10 +0000 (UTC)

Siep Kroonenberg <siepo <at> cybercomm.nl> writes:

> It is also possible to build a GUI `from the outside' as e.g. a
> Tcl/Tk script which runs Octave in the background via pipe
> open. This works cross-platform, although I have done no testing
> with cygwin.
>
> I hope to publish something eventually, but would like to first
> have more feedback from the people who are supposed to use it.

I would be interested in reading a blog post on how you do this,
if nothing else.

I am actually a pretty big fan of Tcl/Tk for pure user interface work
 -- it is quite an elegant
system once you get over the fact that the syntax looks slightly
different than the Algol family.  The lazy evaluation of strings
actually works great with callbacks and GUI's and the like.