Re: Octave bindings for OpenCV

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: Octave bindings for OpenCV
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 10:05:47 +0100

On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 4:26 AM, Xavier Delacour
<address@hidden> wrote:
>  This work is being pushed upstream into OpenCV (the tree is huge,
>  configure is nontrivial, etc). I guess it would make sense to have a
>  debian/rpm package akin to python-opencv, and to have the OpenCV
>  Windows installer optionally install an Octave package. Can someone
>  with familiarity of Windows/Octave suggest how best to do this?

Either OpenCV provides a separate installer for the octave-forge package
or it includes the package installation within its own installer. In both cases,
the steps are the same:
1) get octave installation dir from registry
2) adapt installation path if the user has admin privileges
3) copy files locally
4) call "pkg rebuild <package_name>"

I use this kind of procedure to generate installers for separate packages.
The installer is generated with NSIS from a template file:

http://octave.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/octave/trunk/octave-forge/admin/Windows/msvc/octave_package.nsi.in?revision=4174&view=markup

Michael.