Re: Plotting problem Octave 2.9.13

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: Plotting problem Octave 2.9.13
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 09:57:39 +0200

On 9/25/07, Thomas Weber <address@hidden> wrote:
> > > I'm using Octave version 2.9.13 with the Octplot graphics backend on a
> > > Windows XP, 64bit PC.
> >
> > Which graphics backend do you use? Gnuplot? JHandles? Octplot?
>
> Unless, I'm mistaken, he answered your question just in the sentence
> above ;)

Oops, sorry. The fact is that the error reported only applies to octplot
backend. The development of octplot is currently frozen (in favor of something
else) and apparently it has some incompatibilities with the newer plotting
code of octave. You should consider using another backend:
- use "toggle_octplot" to turn octplot off
- modify <octave>\share\2.9.13\m\startup\__default_graphics__.m and make
it return "gnuplot" or "jhandles", to change the default graphics backend loaded
at startup.

If it still doesn't work with another backend, then please report the error you
get. It can't be the same as the one you reported as gnuplot and jhandles
backend do support "nexplot" property for figures.

Michael.