using gnuplot 4.2

From: Ares
Subject: using gnuplot 4.2
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 15:19:21 +0200

Hi all,

I am a new (happy) GNU/Linux user. I have kubuntu 7.04 installed with octave 2.9

by default kubuntu package manager installs gnuplot version 4.0. now I
found on octave help that octave can use gnuplot 4.2 to show images
and plot data on top of such images (that is what I need) using
gnuplot.

My problem is: how can I tell octave to use gnuplot 4.2 instead of 4.0?

I tried removing gnuplot 4.0 but (of course) octave does not find
gnuplot anymore.

thanks in advance for your help. Regards

--
Diego
http://www.ares001.altervista.org/