Re: using gnuplot 4.2

From: Ares
Subject: Re: using gnuplot 4.2
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 14:26:00 +0200

2007/7/27, LUK ShunTim <address@hidden>:
> Ares wrote:
>
> [snipped]

> >> Because somehow octave failed to find gnuplot 4.2 and hence it tries
> >> other viewers. See "help imshow".
> >>

> > unfortunately help imshow doesn't tell me anything about the viewer
> > used by imshow...
>
> I mean "help image". -(. It will tell you that that octave tries to use
> gnuplot 4.2 if it can be found.
>
> See if this hackish trick works. Inside the octave prompt, enter
>
> gnuplot_binary("/usr/local/bin/gnuplot");
>
> Regards,
> ST
> --

gnuplot_binary("/usr/local/bin/gnuplot"); does not work for me, octave
is still using Image Magick to show images.

help image says
(cut)
It first tries to use `display' from `ImageMagick' then `xv' and
     then `xloadimage'.
(cut)

therefore octave does not even tries to use gnuplot. maybe what I read here

http://www.gnu.org/software/octave/doc/interpreter/Displaying-Images.html#Displaying-Images

and here

http://www.gnu.org/software/octave/doc/interpreter/Plotting-on-top-of-Images.html

is not correct?

oh, btw, I am running GNU Octave Version 2.9.9

regards,

--
Diego
http://www.ares001.altervista.org/