Saving variables to file (matlab to octave)

From: Juan Carlos Lopez
Subject: Saving variables to file (matlab to octave)
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 14:08:52 -0700

I figured this might have been an archived question, but I didn't have
luck finding it.

Matlab has a variable-to-file save function (save [variable name with *
for more than one]), where you can pretty much store any variable state
(within memory limitations) in a file, they're typically .m files.  Can
Octave read the .m variable state files matlab generates w/ this 'save'
function?
--
  Juan Carlos Lopez
  address@hidden